what we believe
what we believe
- We believe the Bible as originally given, to be the only inspired, infallible Word of God. 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in Three persons consisting of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians 13:14. - Three-in-One and One-in-Three.
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father. 1 Timothy 3:16
- We believe in evangelistic and missionary fervor and endeavor. Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15-18
- We believe in salvation through the redeeming blood of Christ. Hebrews 9:22
- We believe in the keeping power of God and a holy walk, not after flesh but after the Spirit. Jude 24, Romans 8:4
- We believe in sanctification and holiness of heart and overcoming life as Scriptural requirements for the Bride of Christ.
- We believe that sexual purity is a necessary expression for all of Godís children and requires abstinence from adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, or other sexual relationships or practices forbidden by Scripture. Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 6:18, Leviticus 18:1-30
- We believe that marriage is the uniting of one man to one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime and is a sacred institution established by God. Matthew 19:4-6
- We believe that since mankind is created in Godís image, human life is of inestimable worth and significance in all its dimensions, from Conception to the grave. Genesis 1:27, Psalm 139:13-14
- We believe that the ordinance of Baptism by immersion in water (Matthew 28:19) shall be administered to all those who have repented of their sins and who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ to the saving of their souls, and who gave clear evidence of their salvation. Romans 6:3-5, Colossians 2:12
- We believe that the ordinance of the Lordís Supper shall be observed regularly as enjoined in the Scriptures. Luke 22:19, 20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4, 10:46, 19:6, and present ministry of the Spirit in and through the believer as manifested in the five ministries as they are being restored in end-time revival, the gifts of the Spirit, and the fruit of the Spirit. Ephesians 4:11, 1 Corinthians 12:8-11, Galatians 5:22-23
- We believe that divine healing is obtained on the basis of the Atonement. 1 Peter 2:24; Matthew 8:17
- We believe in Christís imminent personal return and great glory, in His millennial reign and in the everlasting dominion. Acts 1:11, Revelation 20:4, Daniel 7:14
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment. John 5:28-29, Revelation 20:15
Statement of Faith of Community Gospel Church